Thursday, June 4, 2009

There Is A Living Entity in The General Area of My Gut

It's true. Or so the medical professionals tell me. The general sense of nausea and the sore boobs seem to confirm. The growing belly is another good sign. I'm still awaiting photographic evidence. I was told that I look pregnant today from three different people so it must be true.

I had a suggestion that I start to write about this impending baby thing although it takes me away from the theme of this blog, but why not - it applies to our life in Saskatchewan and probably wouldn't have happened so soon were it not for the long cold winter.

We've had a very difficult time naming the fetus. We started out with Ziggy the zygote. Stephen already used up his favourite "Cletus the Fetus" on what was to become young William. One night we were having supper with some friends who suggested that Harrison would be a lovely boys name (and I agree that it would) but then I said out loud "Harry Carlini" of course thinking "Hairy"...and it made us laugh and "Hairy the Fetus" was named.

I'm certain that Stephen and I have no idea what we are in for in five short months, but we are really excited to start our family.

1 comment: